Read: Which is better in Oahu…North Shore or South Shore?
May or may not be related to Oahu North Shore vacation rentals here.
Question by leslieandjesse08: Which is better in Oahu…North Shore or South Shore?
I’m trying to decide where to stay…North Shore and South Shore. Why?
Answer by Goosefraba
Congrats on your trip to Oahu. You will love it.
Hawaii is truly paradise on earth. (hope you are not going this week though). Most hotels on Oahu are in Waikiki. The north shore sparsely populated and is known for it’s big wave surfing in the winter. Turtle bay resort is a nice play to stay for a honeymoon. Which is on the north shore. But it is expensive…
So wouldn’t recommend staying their unless you surf or have big bucks.
Some must see places are:
1) Check out Banzai pipeline beach (on the north shore) It’s where all the big wave surfers are. 15 foot+ waves in December.
2) Like to swim in a tropical fish tank… Then check out Hanauama bay (go early in the am since parking gets full quick). Bring a snorkel and mask.
3) Diamond head mountain is a nice hike to an awesome view of Waikiki.
4) The Peal Harbor Memorial. Takes about 2-3 hours of waiting.
5) Matsumoto shaved ice. (near north shore).
Give your answer to this question below!
Get more info for Oahu home rental here.